The following explains how Claims Portal Ltd (“CPL”) uses non-intrusive cookies on its website www.claimsportal.org.uk
- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by a computer’s browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Safari). Cookies enable websites to store user information such as preferences and settings enabling the site to respond accordingly.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of the user and help Claims Portal Ltd to provide you with a better user experience.
This website uses the following cookies:
Site performance cookies
Site performance cookies remember preferences set by the user for tools found on Claims Portal Ltd website.
Anonymous analytics cookies
Anonymous analytics cookies are used to identify whether a visitor to the Claims Portal website has visited the site before. Every time a visitor or user visits the website, web analytics software provided by a third party (ie Google analytics) generates a cookie. The user’s browser will notify if the user has these cookies; if the user does not then a new one will be generated. This allows Claims Portal Ltd to track users and how often they are visiting the website. These cookies cannot be used to identify individuals.
These are cookies that are designed to ensure that the users visit to the website is as smooth as possible.
Their main uses are:
- Identifying the type of device used to access the website, i.e. mobile or desktop.
- Ensure that the servers used to power the website each serve an equal number of users, to help make everyone's browsing as swift and responsible as possible;
- Noting the browser's capabilities.
Third party cookies
- Removing cookies
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955)
- Cookie settings in Firefox (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookie)
- Cookie settings in Chrome (http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647)
- Cookie settings in Safari web (https://support.apple.com/) and iOS(https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265)
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)
Alternatively, users may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on browsers (as above), how to delete cookies from your computer and more general information.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the Claims Portal Ltd. website.
Claims Portal Ltd. use a number of suppliers who also set cookies on our websites on our behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing.
For further information regarding cookies, you may find the following links of interest:
- Microsoft Cookies guide (www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx)
- All About Cookies (http://www.allaboutcookies.org/)
For further legal information regarding privacy issues, you may find the following links on interest:
- Data Protection Act 1998 (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents)
- The Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/)