The Re-assign function in the Portal allows you to transfer a claim from your organisation to another / external Compensator / Insurer organisation.
The re-assign function should be used only in the following circumstances:
- To forward a claim to a brand within your organisation
- To forward a claim to a Third Party Administrator (TPA) handling claims on behalf of your organisation
- If you are a TPA, to forward a claim to an Insurer/Compensator organisation you are handling claims on behalf of
The re-assign function must not be used in the following circumstances:
- To forward a claim to an another / external Insurer / Compensator not linked by brand to your organisation
- If you are a Third Party Administrator (TPA) forwarding a claim to another TPA
Where these options occur the claim/s should be rejected, returning them to the Claimant Representative for re-submission to the correct Compensator/Insurer
After a claim is forwarded to another Compensator then:
- The claim will leave the Worklist of the current Compensator and appear in the Worklist of the new one;
- A record about the claim’s reassignment will be shown in the claim’s Process History;
- Notification about claim re-assignment will be sent to the Claimant Representative.
Note that the Liability Decision timeframe is not reset when a claim is re-assigned. The Liability Decision timeout is calculated from the day after the Claimant Representative sent the claim to you.
Take a look at the guide to re-assigning claims for further guidance.Back to the top.