Logging into Live and Training
This welcome pack provides guidance on how to log in and includes hints and tips for managing your Claims Portal account.
Logging into Live and Training
As an Administrator, it is important for you to keep your Organisation Portal ID and Administrator User ID safe – without these, you cannot log in.
It is strongly recommended that you create a second Administrator so that your firm’s account can still be administered in your absence.
Please Note: Do not share your Administrator User ID or Password, as it is a breach of the Claims Portal User Agreement to share credentials.
Your credentials will only allow you to access the Administrator’s section. It is your responsibility to create users with Claim Handler profiles so that they can manage the claims in the Portal.
Please follow the steps below to access your Administrator account. Please note that you can follow the steps below for the live and the training site. However, MFA is not required for the training site.
The Administrator will separately receive a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) verification email. Further information can be found within our step-by-step user guide. The user guide is located here: Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) User Guide.
1. Open the email you have received with the subject heading Claims Portal – Please confirm your email address. This email forms part of activating your Multi-Factor Authentication access to the live portal.
2. Click on the link in the email.
3. This will take you to the login page for the Admin console for Claims Portal.
4. Enter the Admin User ID, provided in the registration email, into the User section.
5. Enter the password, provided in the second email, into the Password section.
6. Change the Section drop-down box from Claims Portal to Administration and press the Login button (see below).
If you do not select Administration from the drop-down list as above, your access to the Portal will be denied.
You will be required to change your password when you log in to the site for the first time. Enter the old password (as provided with your onboarding pack). Enter your new password in the boxes provided and press confirm.
About your User ID and Password
Important details you need to know:
- The User ID is not case sensitive.
- The minimum length for a password will be 12 characters.
- The password must contain at least one special character.
- The acceptable special characters are: |!"£$€%&/=?^'*+@°#,;:.-_()
- The password must contain at least one number.
- The password must contain at least one uppercase letter and at least one lowercase letter.
- Any abbreviation of the word password including pwd or pswd will not be accepted and your password will not save.
- It is not possible to use your name as a password.
- It is not possible to use your organisation ID as a password.
- It is not possible to use your user ID as a password.
- It is not possible to reuse any of your previous passwords.
7. You will then need to complete the MFA in order to access the portal (refer to the User Guide).