How to register and use the Portal
Before you register
If your organisation is not already registered with Claims Portal Limited you will need to register for an account.
In making this application you confirm the following:
The information given in the application is accurate and complete;
Litigants in Person
You are making an application to Claims Portal Limited for access to the Portal for the purpose of pursuing a claim that falls within a Protocol. If given access to the Portal you confirm that you will use the Portal for the sole purpose of submitting a single claim in your own name, and in entering into this Agreement you agree to Claims Portal Limited making such checks, as in its absolute discretion, it regards as necessary to ascertain that the information provided by you about your application, identity and contact details are accurate.
By entering into this Agreement you agree to Claims Portal Limited making such checks, as in its absolute discretion, it regards as necessary to ascertain that you and/or your organisation are eligible for a Claims Portal account.
You confirm that you are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If you are seeking to register as a Claimant Representative, you are authorised to conduct litigation in England and Wales and regulated by either the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority (SRA), the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEX) or the Bar Standards Board.
The organisation name, address and any telephone number(s) provided in your application for registration are the same as those held by the relevant regulatory body.
You will provide us with a name, telephone number and business email address for an individual within your organisation who will take the role of Administrator.
Using the Portal
- Have you read the Protocols?
- Have you read and signed up to the User agreement?
- Have you visited the training site?
- Do you know if you are an A2A User or web User?
- If you are a web User, you will access the Portal using a website link
- If you are an A2A User your access will be integrated from an existing website interface developed by your organisation.
- Do you need to check some of the terms used on the site in the Glossary?
- Where can you go for help? Take a look at the User guides listed in the Practise and Learn section below.
- What can your Administrator amend? Which changes can your Administrator request?
- Have you got your User ID and password set up by your Administrator?
Practise and Learn
- Use our User guides for Claimant Representatives, Compensators and Administrators to see what the Portal screens look like and what information you'll need to process claims
- Practise on the training site and see both Claimant and Compensator sides
Managing your Account
Please visit the 'Managing the Account' page for information about changes you can make yourself, and which changes you need to request.