Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.claimsportal.org.uk (our website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We (including our agents or subcontractors) may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your enquiries.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data.
- Claims Portal Ltd, as data controller, will process your personal information held on the Rapid Claims Settlement Portal.
How will we use your personal data?
Data submitted to the Rapid Claims Settlement Portal may be used in relation to the Pre-Action Protocol for Low Value Personal Injury Claims in Road Traffic Accidents and the Pre-Action Protocol for Low Value Personal Injury (Employers’ Liability and Public Liability) Claims.
Who else will have access to your data?
Data will be disclosed to compensators in relation to the Pre-Action Protocol for Low Value Personal Injury Claims in Road Traffic Accidents and the Pre-Action Protocol for Low Value Personal Injury (Employers’ Liability and Public Liability) Claims.
Your personal data may also be disclosed to third parties, including ABI, law enforcement bodies, government departments, local authorities, anti-fraud organisations and or their agents and other public or private bodies, where we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
Will we transfer data overseas?
The Internet is a global medium and your information may therefore be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) en route. Your information may be transferred to any country, including countries outside the EEA where the transfer is necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights, obtaining legal advice, or in connection with any legal proceedings.
How long will your data be retained
Completed claims are removed from the Claims Portal after 30 days. This includes claims that have ended because they have timed out, settled, reached court proceedings, or where either party has decided to take the claim out of the process using the Exit process.
With limited exceptions you have the right to see your personal information held on the Rapid Claims Settlement Portal. To exercise this right please send details of the information required, enclosing the appropriate payment, to: Claims Portal Ltd, A/O, Motor Insurers’ Bureau MSL, Linford Wood House, 6-12 Capital Drive, Milton Keynes, MK14 6XT.
The data controller is Claims Portal Ltd, Registered Office: c/o Fieldfisher, Riverbank House, 2 Swan Lane, London EC4R 3TT.