Important information - Re-assigning Claims
The Re-assign function in the Portal allows you to transfer a claim from your organisation to another / external Compensator / Insurer organisation.
The re-assign function should be used only in the following circumstances:
- To forward a claim to a brand within your organisation
- To forward a claim to a Third Party Administrator (TPA) handling claims on behalf of your organisation
- If you are a TPA, to forward a claim to an Insurer/Compensator organisation you are handling claims on behalf of
The re-assign function must not be used in the following circumstances:
- To forward a claim to an another / external Insurer / Compensator not linked by brand to your organisation
- If you are a Third Party Administrator (TPA) forwarding a claim to another TPA
Where these options occur the claim/s should be rejected, returning them to the Claimant Representative for re-submission to the correct Compensator/Insurer.
For more information and guidance (including a user-guide) on re-assigning claims please visit the Compensator section of our website.
Chair, Claims Portal Ltd